Sample Resume - Art/English Teacher
2727 Street Avenue, Apt 99
Chicago IL 60600
Northwestern University, Chicago, IL.
Master of Arts in Math Education, expected June 2001.
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Mathematics, May 1996.
- Illinois Secondary Certificate in Mathematics, #8987876.
- Middle grade endorsement in mathematics.
Student Teaching: Hubbard High School, Chicago. Spring 2000.
- Designed and implemented lesson plans for four classes: probability and statistics, college algebra, geometry, and math concepts.
- Restructured classroom policy to reflect my classroom management style of consensus-building.
- Counteracted "senioritis" by utilizing cooperative learning with students teaching a chapter and testing themselves.
- Motivated students to enjoy their math more by inviting speakers to class who spoke about the relevance of math to their careers.
- Assessed students' progress daily in math concepts class.
- Utilized Macintosh spreadsheet software to record grades.
Teaching Assistant: Brown City (IN) Migrant Education Program, Summers 1997-1999.
- Taught arithmetic, reading, and physical education to bilingual students. Provided basic computer instruction and utilized software for remedial education.
Related Experience Educating Young People:
Tutor, Boys & Girls Club - Westside, Chicago. November 1996-present.
- Volunteered to staff to assist in the implementation of the "Math is Fun" Program for troubled youths.
- Organized annual mathematics olympics.
- Introduced use of graphing calculator.
Summer Camp Coordinator, Math in the Park: Chicago Innercity Education Society. Summer 1998.
- Developed daily curriculum for math camp.
- Implemented camp program with over 100 children (ages 6-12
- Proficient with a variety of mathematics software, including Derive, Logo, Geometer's Sketchpad, and Geometric Supposer.
- Conversational knowledge of Spanish.
- Eager to participate in extracurricular activities, especially debate or speech club, environment club, and math or computer clubs.